The U.S. Department of Education is conducting a study on school bullying laws and policies. The department will implement case studies on 24 school sites nationwide. The study will examine anti-bullying policies and how they are influenced by state legislative requirements.
The study hopes to provide school districts with improvements on ways to combat bullying in schools and support bullying prevention activities. The U.S. Department of Education is requesting comments on five different issues:
1. Is this collection necessary to the proper functions of U.S. ED?
2. Will the information be processed and used in a timely manner?
3. How might the U.S. ED enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information being collected?
4. Is the estimate of burden accurate?
5. How might the U.S. ED minimize the burden of this collection on the respondent, including through the use of information technology?