The week of May 20-26, 2012 marks National Prevention Week. It is a new health observance week that will be recognized annually and is supported by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). National Prevention Week celebrates organizations and individuals that promote substance abuse prevention in their communities.
There are different ways in which you can participate in National Prevention Week 2012…
1) Host an event with a different theme each day:
- May 21: Prevention of Underage Drinking
- May 22: Prevention of Prescription Drug Abuse and Illicit Drug Use
- May 23: Prevention of Alcohol Abuse
- May 24: Suicide Prevention
- May 25: Promotion of Mental, Emotional, and Behavioral Well-Being
2) Take the Pledge:
By taking the pledge, you commit to living a healthier lifestyle and to share this promise with others. Click here for more Prevention Pledge information and to pledge today.
For more information on National Prevention Week 2012 click here.